Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Heaven

Heaven

[Pimp C]
I wonder if I'm gon' ever see Screw again
One foot in the street, got one foot in the pen

[Bun B]
Got me wonderin if it's a heaven for them d-boys
Cause if it is then I better get on my knees boy

[Pimp C]
I got cheese boy, I'm sellin niggaz sneeze boy
I'm playin in the candy torture rim with TV's like my Roy

[Bun B]
I'm wonderin if it's a heaven for MC's
Like the Freaky Tah's, the Big L's and B.I.G.'s

[Pimp C]
I wonder if they got a heaven for the convicts
Niggaz doin life, I saw old men in that bitch

[Bun B]
I wish today that the Lord take me away
I'd get to see my old man and I wonder what he would say

[Pimp C]
I feel that, I miss Munroe too
If I could bring him back I'd give up all this shit fool

[Bun B]
But on the cool you know what else I hope is true
They got a heaven for me and got a heaven for you, too

Yesterday I had a phone conversation with my mom. Too make a long story short, she's been fighting cancer for almost 4 years now, and apparently the newest treatment stopped working, so she's going to something else now. Naturally I got worried. When your mom mentions 'experiemental' drugs, you start to get worried.

Anyways, I was pretty bummed from last night to this afternoon. Then, on my way to Golfsmith for some retail therapy, I heard "Heaven" by UGK. Pimp C & Bun B go back and forth about if there is a Heaven for all sorts of 'bad' people. It immediately brought me back to a conversation I had with my mom during Christmas break. She bought me some engraved Tiffany cufflinks that had my initials on one cufflink, and "<3 mom" on the other cufflink. She told me she wants me to keep them in a safe place, and wear them in my wedding, because she has no idea how long she'll be around. She expressed that she's proud of me, and that if she had to go, she's go happy with the man that i've become.

Listening to UGK helped me realize that if my mom is content with where she's going, that I need to be to. I can't cure cancer. All I can do is keep trying to make my momma proud. Granted, she's not going to be happy with everything I do, I try my hardest.

Oh, and to the girl who's next to me when I break out those cufflinks on my wedding day, you can thank my mom for every romantic dinner, every spontaneous gift. Because, well, she taught me it all.

1 comment:

Milton J Nomoneybags said...

*sheds a single tear*

fuck cancer.

*turns up Grandma's Hand by Bill Withers*