Saturday, August 9, 2008

Dear Summer

I know you gon' miss me

Well folks, it's been a long time since I've talked to you readers (still there?)

I'm Patrick, by the way, if you I haven't introduced myself before.

Anyways, now that we're all pretty much back in our college town of choice, or at least getting ready to head back to school somewhere, I figured it's time to say goodbye to summer, and give the best season of the year a recap of sorts.

For me, it began with the end of a terrible semester, my grades weren't anything to write home about, and I created a bunch of excuses for myself. I guess everybody is allowed a 'woe is me' period of time, mine lasted about 3 weeks. From that point on, things have gone well I suppose. I got good grades in summer school, sold off a lot of dead weight items (shoes), and got to be in Los Angeles for a while.

Everybody has their obstacles, and I used to run from them. Now, I embrace them openly. So for this school year, being the best isn't really a goal anymore, it's an expectation.

To everybody else: Get Your Own.

and I hope to see & talk to you soon.

I mean, it's time for me to grow
You gotta let me go baby, you gotta let me go


No comments: