Friday, March 5, 2010

Let's Build


That's Dodger Stadium circa 1961. Before the stadium that has now hosted more people than any other venue in North America. Before the Dodgers made it a lasting memory in the hearts of tens of millions of Angelinos.

Baseball is easily my favorite sport to follow. I couldn't tell you how many hours I've spent analyzing statistics, educating myself on more advanced statistics, trying to find information on minor league players or even high school and college players who are draft eligible. A lot of people I know dismiss baseball as boring. I'm here to give you a bit of insight to what makes baseball so interesting to me, but particularly to share my love for the Dodgers.

So throughout this season, I'll be sharing much more of my Dodgers thoughts and opinions, if you don't know much about baseball and would like to learn more then let me know where I can elaborate. If you do know a lot about the Dodgers and baseball, then I'd love to engage in a dialogue.

Here's a tidbit to get you started:

The Dodgers are the first team to integrate baseball with African-Americans, the first to open a facility in Latin America, the first to sign an Asian player, and since 2001 the Dodgers have employed Kim Ng as Assistant General Manager which makes her the highest ranking woman executive in baseball.

There's your reason to be proud to be a Dodger fan. Think Blue

No comments: